The PMBOK Guide is getting an update in September 2017. The PMP Exam will be updated to reflect this update in the first quarter 2018.
Did You Know?
As a result of the release of the PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition in September 2017, the PMP exam will change soon. These updates will ensure the exam content is consistent with the PMBOK Active practitioners from around the world author our exam questions as well as the PMBOK to ensure the PMP remains relevant and reflects current practice.
What to Expect on the Updated Exam
Although the PMP is not a test of the PMBOK Guide, it is one of the primary references for the exam. Some of the updates you can expect to see surround lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam as well as harmonization of process groups, tools, and techniques.
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK Guide as a study tool for the PMP, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK Guide– Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager has been added to focus on leading projects effectively – competencies, experience and skills that are all necessary.
- Two Knowledge Areas have been re-named to more accurately reflect which elements can be managed… and which can not:
- Time Management is now Schedule Management
- Human Resource Management is now Resource Management
Every Knowledge Area features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
For more information and schedule updates, visit the PMI website.