PMI Mass Bay Job Description
VP Marketing and Communications
VP Marketing and Communications
The VP Marketing and Communications (VP M&C) develops and oversees implementation of a comprehensive marketing and integrated communications strategy and processes in alignment with the short and long term goals of the Chapter.
- Implementation and management of a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Chapter aligned with the overall chapter goals and objectives.
- Incorporate an understanding of market segments, target audiences, needs of members and those impacted by the field of project management.
- Collaborate with other BOD members and committees to set and achieve short and long term goals for marketing
- Set guidelines and processes for marketing and ensure plans are successfully executed.
- A Marketing agency has been secured to provide strategic guidance to this function. Tactical assistance supported by chapter administrative team.
- Oversee implementation and management of comprehensive integrated communications strategy for the Chapter
- Ensure all aspects of external communications are consistent with the PMI Mass Bay brand and achieve anticipated results for messaging
- Identify and leverage appropriate communication channels to reach target audiences and membership
- Serve as executive sponsor for various committees required to successfully implement Marketing and Communications strategy and goals
- Establish and manage to an approved budget
- Understand and incorporate resources available for Marketing and Communications as appropriate from PMI Global Operations Center
- Fulfill fiduciary, ethical, and procedural responsibilities as an elected voting board member
- Attend board meetings in accordance with the chapter's bylaws
- Attend any special mandatory meetings as called
- Participate in cross-functional organizational calls, as needed
- Contribute to chapter governance and strategic planning
- Uphold and assure alignment with Chapter Bylaws and PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Collaborate with Board members to facilitate appropriate execution of overall goals of PMI Mass Bay
- Provide required input for monthly dashboard reports
- Review and revise job description in alignment with approved bylaws as needed
- Is a current member of the Chapter in good standing
- Possesses an “executive presence” and can represent the chapter in public situations
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills
- Is a self starter with history of high collaboration
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic
- Able to define processes and strategy in an ambiguous environment
Nice to Have
- Experience in marketing research and market segmentation
- Been a member of a PMI chapter for more than 2 years, preferably volunteering and/or coordinating with the BOD for PMI Mass Bay
Reports To: President
Fiduciary Responsibility: Responsible for generating, submitting, gain approval, and managing to a budget.
Supervisory Responsibility: AVP Communications, AVP Marketing, and/or other authorized staff and/or committees.
Length of Term: 2 program years, renewable (July to June)
Time Commitment: Varies. Estimated at 5-10 hours per week, depending on the number of volunteers supporting your efforts. This time includes board meetings, with spikes for periodic Marketing Research meetings or opportunities. In addition, the VP M&C will be expected to attend key conferences such as Region 3 Summit and Leadership Institute Meetings as authorized by the BOD.