Financial Services Professional Outreach Group Announcement and Invitation
Our greater Boston area PMI chapter is launching a new professional outreach group for the local financial services industry. Group objectives include:
• Align and focus on the financial services industry and the unique challenges and requirements project leaders face delivering quality results on time.
• Identify, curate, and share information, insights, and resources of value to the project management community.
• Strengthen the local project management community with opportunities for professional networking.
• Promote and develop individual and team project management leadership competencies
First Meeting: “Shop Talk Topics-Real and tangible topics for discussion”
Discuss issues and challenges encountered during implementation.
First Topic- "Secuity Associated with Mobile/Cloud Based Applications"
• Guest speaker lined up to assist, SME facilitator
• One group member brings a topic or case study to the group and presents current challenges
• Allow time for other group members to share how they have addressed issues
• Finally, leave time to discuss future topics and assign owners
• Quarterly event schedule at locations in the Boston area
• Topics including project management professional practices, tools, techniques, case studies, methods with industry specific governance, regulation, process, technology, and leadership dimensions.
• Concise format of 1-3 hours in duration with time for professional networking and presentation(s) on case studies, facilitated panel discussion, best practices, tools, techniques, etc.
Invitation to Participate:
We are reaching out to develop awareness and invite project management professionals in the financial services industry to participate in the development of this group, or stay in touch as we organize and schedule event dates and locations. We appreciate suggestions, ideas, recommendations and offers to help!
Thank you for taking time to review our plan and consider participating. We believe the activities of this professional group offer the local project management community excellent opportunities to:
• Meet like minded financial services professionals facing similar challenges across all functions
• Surface and learn new information that can positively impact project performance
• Become even stronger project leaders adding measurable and visible business value to our organizations
This is a non-comercial event and not suitable for recruiting, promotion, or other selling activities. If you have interest in business development at other chapter events, please contact email@example.com.
VP, PMI Mass Bay Chapter