Mission for the Role
Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield and reduce the use of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield and crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies and stresses. The challenge and opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly and effectively (~$1B 2020 revenue.)
The role of the Senior Project Manager, Process Development & Manufacturing is to support and ensure execution of projects for the process development, formulation development, seed application development, and manufacturing of Indigo’s proprietary microbial products with exceptional quality, speed, and efficiency. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Project Management, Bioprocessing, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Operations functions at Indigo to execute on our vision.
Key Outcomes for the Role
- Develop and manage projects for the process development, formulation development, and seed application development of microbial products to enable commercialization and field-testing.
- Develop and manage projects for the manufacturing of microbial products to enable commercialization and field-testing.
- Runs efficient but comprehensive project development, tracking, and close-out processes within goal scope set by Indigo.
- Participate in building Indigo’s organizational capability of project management.
- Understands and embodies our purpose and core values.
- At a minimum, B.S. in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio)chemical engineering with 7+ years of industrial experience and 4+ years in a project management capacity.
- Will consider candidates for more senior role with the proper qualifications, for example: Ph.D. and/or M.B.A. with 10+ years of experience in (bio)pharmaceutical or industrial enzymes/chemicals industry with 6+ years in a project management or leadership capacity.
- Technical experience with cell culture or fermentation process development and/or manufacturing operations is ideal.
- Project management skill and experience to identify resource and organizational gaps
- Technical training (B.S.-level scientist or engineer) sufficient to understand what is important in Process Development & Manufacturing
- Excellent listening and communication skills to all levels and backgrounds at appropriate detail
- Experience and talent in managing people in cross-functional project teams
- Adept at developing and managing risk frameworks with mitigation plans
- A great planner with exceptional organization skills
- High tolerance to and ability to execute under ambiguous situations
- An ability to lead and energize a group towards an aggressive goal while maintaining good relationships
- Agile with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Indigo and our core values