Massachusetts Port Authority
IT Senior Project Manager
Location East Boston, MA
Job Type Full-Time
Department Information Technology
Job Number FY2018-00013
Purpose: Ensures that information technology programs and/or projects are scoped, designed and delivered on schedule and within budget, resulting in a quality product through direct management of consultants and/or through supervision of project management level personnel. Prepares, monitors, and manages project related capital and operating budgets.
Essential Tasks of the Job
Manages the scoping, design, and delivery of information technology programs and/or projects.
- Develops scope, budget and schedule for information technology programs and projects.
- Oversees the preparation of analyses, estimates, and plans necessary to support the program and project approval process.
- Presents and justifies, in cooperation with the operating departments, new information technology programs and projects to Executive Staff and the Board of Directors for approval as required.
- Manages the Request for Proposal process from scope definition to contract execution within the framework of Massport's internal operating policies and procedures.
- Directs the activities of inter-departmental teams throughout the consultant selection process.
- Manages the selected consultant or contractor throughout the life cycle of the program or project.
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and providing feedback on the status and performance of all projects.
- Responsible for written and oral communication to staff in the Operating units, Executive Administration, and the Board of Directors throughout all phases of a program or project as appropriate.
Establishes and maintains coordination with public, private and community agencies or parties to enhance achievement of program or project goals.
- Acts as liaison with state and federal governmental officials to ensure interoperability of Massachusetts's technologies as appropriate.
- Represents Massport's interest within regional groups created for evaluating technologies that impact Massport.
- Advocates for proposed technological standards as they affect Massport.
Provides technical guidance to other project managers, assistant and associate project managers and other departments on projects and technical issues.
- Works closely with all Information Technology groups including telecommunications, network operations, and application development to ensure fit with other Massport product standards, technologies, systems, and applications.
- Works closely with Capital Programs and the Aviation Design and Construction departments to ensure that the technology portion of a given construction project is considered during the design and implementation phases.
Prepares, monitors, and manages project related capital and operating expenses.
- Manages the department's internal project request and review process.
- Monitors ongoing expenditures against approved levels.
- Projects end-of-year budget performance on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in Administration and Finance Department's quarterly review of budget performance as it relates to assigned projects.
- Develops, recommends and represents the department in obtaining operating budget adjustments as necessary during the year.
- Provides input to the department's annual capital program budgeting process.
- Develops and submits capital equipment requests as needed.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or equivalent professional work experience required. Master's Degree in business, computer or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 7 – 10 years of experience in IT project management – planning, design and implementation, preferably in the transportation industry, required. Extensive experience in non-IT related project management may be considered. PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Current and valid driver's license unrestricted, except for corrective lenses required.
- Demonstrated success in managing major multi-disciplinary projects through all phases of implementation required.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts public bidding process preferred.
- Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and personnel management skills required.
- Ability to pass Massport security check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
- Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron, and Airfield License.
- Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test and background security checks.
WORK SCHEDULE: Ability to work 37.5-hour work week, and ability to work additional hours as workload demands.
Massachusetts Port Authority
One Harborside Drive, Suite 200S
East Boston, Massachusetts, 02128-2909.