Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Strategic Planning group supports the planning, analysis and implementation of key initiatives and programs that have been identified as institutional priorities for DFCI. The Strategic Planning Project Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Planning and will provide project management, business planning, analytics, and financial management.
- Project Management
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and lead/coordinate cross-functional workgroups with senior faculty and staff to develop and implement institutional priorities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress of initiatives. Anticipate, identify, and resolve issues, communicating major issues and recommendations to senior leadership to inform decision making.
- Independently develop content and analyses for project deliverables and meetings. Prepare presentations for senior faculty and leadership meetings as needed.
- Facilitate cross-departmental meetings as needed.
- *Business Planning and Analysis
- Work closely with faculty and staff to develop business and financial plans for institutional priority initiatives.
- Develop complex analytic and quantitative frameworks/models to assess the feasibility of new opportunities, analyze financial and operational performance, and support decision-making by senior leadership.
- Identify potential solutions and novel approaches to support the development of new initiatives and/or identified issues.
- Budget and Financial Management
- Manage a $20-25 million annual budget portfolio of 15-20 initiatives
- Masters/MBA or equivalent degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of business-related work experience, preferably within consulting, health care, or pharma/biotech
- Extremely strong project management and organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills to evaluate all aspects of a situation and make appropriate decisions
- Superior communication, customer-service, and leadership skills, able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage changing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint