When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
Major Responsibilities for the Project Manager include:
- Manages several assigned projects simultaneously, ensuring delivery within scope, established timeline, and budget
- Performs project on-boarding activities by working directly with project sponsors to plan for new initiatives. Assists management accounting in determining, obtaining, and providing technology costs for projects through a cost-benefit analysis process, leads the risk assessment process, identifies required technology resources, and makes project recommendations to a steering committee.
- Develops, collects, reviews and maintains all project & change management documentation in accordance with an enterprise PMO framework. This includes artifacts such as project plans, financial planning documents, approved scope, risk assessments, change request forms, test scripts, risk and issues log, etc.
- Working jointly with the project sponsor,designs test plans, scenarios and use cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing while documenting results.
- Develops and manages working relationship with key business stakeholders by effectively communicating project status, issues, and associated risk on a frequent basis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in business administration, project management, information technology, accounting, finance, marketing, economics or a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of related project management experience.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing work efforts
- Practical experience working in waterfall and Agile systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with preparing business requirements documents, creating use case diagrams, designing data flow diagrams, as well as the creating project plans, project charters, issue tracking documentation and (UAT) user acceptance planning and testing.
- The candidate must excel in high-paced, demanding environments.
- The candidate must be highly organized, motivated, and demonstrate the ability to think creatively and critically and problem solve as well as the ability to think outside of the box.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements and translate into functional specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and consistent application to standard templates to all assigned projects.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with vendors.
- Use initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team members.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with some latitude for the exercise of independent sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Self-learner, and desire to enhance skills with training.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio is preferred.
- General knowledge of technology infrastructure design and function is preferred.