Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The Information Systems Department is currently searching for a Project Manager to join their team. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position, and is eligible for benefits.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of IS, this position provides overall project leadership and management for a large multi-year business transformation and systems initiative that includes the Finance, HR, Grants & Contracts and other G&A functions at WHOI. In this capacity, the incumbent will be responsible for driving multiple (sometimes large and complex) simultaneous projects to a successful outcome. Responsibilities include establishing a Project Management Office (PMO), working closely with an ERP Systems Integrator, coordinating internal activities, establishing proper planning, change management, risk management, governance and communication.
- Ensure successful planning, prioritization, resource management, budget and timeline objectives are met.
- Work closely with the project team and Systems Integrator to ensure alignment and overall project success.
- Lead and conduct project meetings that manage and ensure success of the Business Transformation Initiative deliverables.
- Perform end to end project management that includes performing risk analysis, issue escalations/resolution, quality assurance, and on-time and on-budget execution.
- Apply best practice procedures, processes, methodologies, and documentation to support effective and efficient project management.
- Perform timely and accurate project reviews, reporting, budget and forecasting.
- Provide project status reporting to various levels of the organization
- Maintain positive working relationships throughout the Institution and with the selected Systems Integrator.
- Train project team members on Project Management methodology
- As deemed necessary by supervisor
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in project and financial management using information technology.
- Hands-on, in-depth experience driving multiple complex projects (ERP and process reengineering) to completion in an enterprise environment. Demonstrated experience and skills in the following areas: ERP implementations, project and portfolio management, project methodologies, contract management, and MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of various financial and other G&A business processes is required. A track record of 10+ years of demonstrably successful project management experience and leadership.
- Technical training and certification in Project Management, specifically PMP certification is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and process skills are required.
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to, the ability to hear and respond to instructions, this position is mostly sedentary in nature. Other occupational requirements include talking, working around others, and with others. Physical duties are subject to change.
WHOI is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). We are sensitive to the issues of dual career candidates and we will work with applicants to address them. Please visit HERC - for more information.
WHOI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 289-2253 or email email@example.com for assistance.